A Detailed Guide For Understanding SEO Audit Report
October 5, 2021
14 Min Read
No matter which business you are in, you need to analyze and assess your business processes, staff performance, and other aspects regularly. Accordingly, you can improve the processes and efficiency of your company to increase profitability. Similarly, your business’s online presence also needs to be assessed by conducting an SEO audit. The objective is to know its performance in search engines by analyzing the technical and content-related issues of your website.
The SEO audit report is an in-depth health report of your website that detects the weaknesses and strengths of your online business. It can cover various aspects like your local search ranking, overall ranking on search engines, and your traffic. So, an SEO audit report helps us to help our clients increase their website traffic by doing the required fixes. Timely fixes ensure that your website’s online presence becomes strong and stays strong.
How to prepare SEO audit report?
One of the first things that need to be done when preparing the plan for a strong online presence is to prepare a detailed SEO audit report that highlights the present state of the website to help prepare the roadmap for the future. You need to analyze your website to detect on-page and off-page activities. You should identify the technical and structural errors of your website. Along with that, you also need to check your website’s backlinks and use rich content to improve your website ranking. Different types of SEO audit reports are available, such as content reports, technical reports, traffic analysis reports, and link reports. Let’s discuss the brief.
- Technical SEO audit report: As the name suggests, this audit report deals with the technical aspect of the website. When you are running a website for your business, identifying the technical SEO errors in your website is important for ranking. A technically sound website can rank well on search engines, and a technical SEO audit report can diagnose all the technical errors that are posing a hurdle in your website’s performance.
During a technical audit, you need to consider the crawlability of your website because most search engines, including Google, use spiders to crawl and index your web pages. Apart from that, you also need to check other technical aspects of your website, such as your site’s XML sitemap status and robots.txt files. Plus, the text to HTML conversation ratio of your web pages can play a vital role in SEO, and you need to detect the uncompressed pages, JSS, and CSS issues of your website to improve your site performance.
The technical SEO audit report analyses all these parameters to know the number of crawled pages, site score, errors, warnings, and notices. Canonical errors in your URLs and too much text in your site title tags can decrease the ranking of your website. The report will also tell you about the duplicate content issues, which need to be removed from your website.
- Content Audit Report: Content is the king when you deal with SEO. Adding content cannot place your website on the top search results. You need to make your content search engine friendly. When you prepare a website SEO audit report, you must include the content to determine the probable issue. A detailed analysis of the report will showcase how well it has been written and if there are any missing links, then the same must be highlighted in the report. Poor quality content can also ruin your website, and people will not stay on your site for more than a couple of minutes. In this case, you can conduct a content audit for your website and include some useful content in your web pages. You can use Natural Language Processing (NLP) and algorithms in this regard.
- Link Audit Report: In a link audit report, you can find a detailed analysis of your inbound and outbound links. When you use some outbound links in your web pages, it will increase the credibility of your website, and your website will get a better ranking on the search engines. In this case, you can prepare a link audit report for your website, and you can find different aspects like penalty identification, toxic links, and complete links. Along with that, you can also enhance your data and go for some outreach campaigns for link removal. For example, you can use multiple external links in your web pages, and you can find their score in your link audit report. You can find some links which are not valid, and you can remove such broken or lost links from your web pages.
- Traffic Analysis: It is the most crucial part of an SEO audit report because you can find different types of rankings in this report. For example, you can find a segment based on your keywords ranking, SEMrush rank, and traffic cost. Along with that, you can find an SEO report based on the geographical locations, and you can find your website’s performance metrics in top countries. “Keywords by country” can provide an in-depth SEO report, where you can find which keywords are performing well in which country.
Why SEO Reports/What to expect from Seo reports?
An SEO audit is a health report of your website, which denotes your website’s technical, structural, and content errors. You cannot run your business with some technical and structural errors, and you need to conduct an SEO audit for your website. Before running a campaign for your new product or services, you need to check your SEO audit report. If you have an e-commerce website, you can check your e-commerce SEO audit reports before implementing a new marketing or SEO strategy. It is better to get the audit conducted by our experts every three months as we will guide you in the best manner. We will give you complete detail of every aspect and tell you the possible solution.
What does it provide?
An SEO audit report can cover the main pillars of your website, such as code, content, link, and traffic, which fall into the categories like on-page and off-page reports.
- On-page SEO audit report: On the page, analysis can detect the issue related to what you see on the web pages and in search results. Thus, the on-page SEO audit can analyze SEO elements used on your pages. It includes keywords density, content quality, H 2, H2 tags, meta tags, internal links, page loading, and so on. As stated above, a website cannot perform well with some technical and structural errors related to site map, site architecture, etc. and you need to prepare an SEO audit report to detect such errors separately or it can be part of the On-page site analysis.
- Off-page SEO report: This report can analyze the link profile of your website. It enhances the relation of your website with another websites. Backlinks to your website help increase your traffic, provided they are not broken and lost. Along with that, you cannot detect those websites which are using your website and web pages for their outbound link building, and you need to use Google Analytics toolkit to detect such websites. Later, you can disavow such questionable links, and Google will not index such websites using your URL.
- Local SEO audit report: Apart from that, you can prepare a local SEO audit report for your website, especially when you run a business with limited pin codes. In this case, you need to concentrate on locations that you need to cover, and you need to include such locations in your content, title tags, and robot.txt to increase your traffic. People from these locations can find your website whenever they search for products and services similar to your company.
A detailed SEO audit report will help you in:
- Assessing the competitors and use the results for improving your website
- It also highlights the changes you need to make on the website
- Get an overview of the SEO efficiency of the website
- Unveiling the error of the website and fixing it
- Set future goals
The crux of the matter is that all the points mentioned above help improve the company’s marketing strategy, thus guaranteeing compliance with the SEO algorithm and increasing brand reach.
Website Issues & Errors That Need Your Attention
Several SEO audit tools let you prepare a free SEO audit report with solutions, but most of them have limited features, so you must invest in the paid version. These reports are used to find some common errors in your website SEO, and some of them are stated below:
Duplicate content: Search engines can index duplicate web pages. You need to use canonical tags to help search engines determine the pages that need to be indexed on search engine result pages or SERPs. If you want some pages not to be indexed in Google and other search engines, you need to use a no-index tag such as specific pages.
Thin content: If you have a blog post with minimum words, Google can treat your post as thin or low-value content. To solve this issue, you need to add some informative and well-written content to your website, and you can use relevant keywords to increase the ranking of your website. Google can identify justified thin content like the contact pages. In other cases, it is always good to rely on good quality content along with the quantity.
Bad links or missing links: The links are the key contributing factor for ensuring better ranking. A good SEO audit report will unveil low-quality links, i.e. the links that add no value to your website, broken links, missing internal links, non-secured links, and dead links.
iFrames: iFrame is an HTML file working behind your web pages because content cannot go live without the code of the page. Sometimes, iFrame is rendered invisible and search engines cannot track such pages. It will increase the loading time of your website, and you need to remove such malware from your website.
Do not use Flash: Flash is outdated, and it was discontinued on 31 December 2020. So, if you are using flash files, then it may hamper site performance on search engine results. It is better to remove such flash files from your website.
AMP document: Some outdated tags are available in your AMP document, and you can find such tags in your SEO audit report sample. You can remove such tags to increase the loading time of your website.
500 errors: It is a type of server error that you can face for various reasons. This highlights a problem with your website server, and it shows that the website server cannot complete the request cannot give a specific message to the problem.
Missing tags or incorrect tags: With a detailed SEO audit report, it becomes easier to figure out if there are any missing tags or incorrect use of different tags, or href lang tags, this usually occurs while implementation on multilingual website, or missing canonical tags which are a result of duplicate content.
SSL error: To avoid such HTTP errors, you need to check the domain name registered with your SSL certificate. Along with that, you need to update your TLS and use the latest version TLS1.3.
Non-optimized images and slow website loading time- The additional problems that impact the website’s SEO performance and its ranking in the non-optimized image and poor loading time. It results in visitors losing interest in the website.
Remove orphan pages: If you have any page that does not have any links, it will be treated as an orphan page by search engines.
Improvement areas: Through an SEO report, you can find such errors and their root cause and rectify such errors before they lead your website down. You need to check the strength and weaknesses of your website before your run a marketing campaign.
SEO Roadmap: An SEO Roadmap can help you to improve your site performance. After evaluating your SEO audit report, you can find your website’s structural and technical errors, and you can prepare an SEO roadmap for your website. You can add the best SEO strategies to your roadmap and solve such issues.
How to read an SEO report? / Jargons Used in SEO Reports
A lot of technical jargon is used in SEO audit reports, and non-tech professionals cannot understand these technical terms. Here, we have discussed them briefly to help you understand an SEO audit report better.
Terms used in a technical analysis report:
- Robots.txt: Google and other search engines can use spiders to index your website and web pages. You can find this Robots.txt file in the root folder of your website, and you need to optimize your website by making some necessary changes in your Robots.txt file, according to your SEO audit report.
- Sitemap: Search engines can crawl your sitemap.xml files to rank your website. Search engines can locate important data of each of your web pages through these files, and they will get notifications about your site update from these .xml files. Robot.txt and .xml files decide the Crawlability of your website, and you need to make necessary corrections here according to your SEO audit report.
- Favicon: It adds legitimacy to the website. These help people easily identify the website from the list of bookmarked sites.
- Scripts: You can find a section in your SEO report called “Page Objects.” Here, you can find many pages used in your website, including HTML pages, CSS files, Images, Scripts, and videos. Too many pages can decrease the loading time of your website, and you need to optimize your pages to make your website faster.
- URLs: URL means Uniform Resource Locator, and you need to use some SEO friendly URLs. In this case, you can use some keywords for your URLs.
- ALT test: This section of your SEO report contains image tags, and you need to use ‘alt’ attributes for such tags. Apart from that, you need to check the CSS files of your website because CSS files can slow down the process of text to code conversation, and it can create an external folder.
- HTML tags: Some outdated HTML tags have lost browser support, and you need to identify such tags from your SEO audit report to remove them from your site.
- Bounce Rate (GA last 30 days): You can use GA or Google Analytic tools to detect the bounce rate of your web pages. A high bounce rate slows down your website speed. In this regard, you need to check the HTML code of your web pages, and you can compress your large HTML files to increase your load speed.
- Clicks (GSC last 30 days): You can find the number of clinks that you have on your different web pages. It can be categorized according to location, and for example, you can find a report where clicks from top countries are listed.
- On-Page SEO: On-page SEO can affect the ranking of your website. To optimize your website, you need to optimize your content. An on-page SEO audit can include different problems related to your page loading speed, accessibility, keywords, and title tags.
- Off-page SEO: It is related to the authority of your domain. You can use some outbound links from other websites, and you need to optimize these links according to the latest SEO strategy. In the off-page SEO report section, you can find a calculative comparison with another relevant website. This improves your off-page SEO ranking, you need to optimize your inbound links, and you need to add social media campaigns, guest blogging, and influencer marking in your SEO roadmap.
- Crawlability: This term is related to website visibility like how search engines can easily locate your web pages and index them in their SERPs. To optimize your website, you need to change your robot.txt, .xml files and use some non-follow links, especially in those pages you do not want to index in search engines.
Terms used in a content SEO audit report:
- H1 and H2: These are the tags used throughout your website, and you need to optimize these tags for search engine optimization. You can find a report related to these tags to locate these H1 and H2 tags on your website.
- Content Update on Date: It is very important to delete outdated and duplicate content from your website, and you need to update your content regularly. People can use different keywords for availing same services, and you need to replace your old keywords with new ones.
- Backlinks: Backlinks are outbound links that you can use in your content. Make sure you should check your backlinks and replace broken links if any. You can find these broken and lost links in an SEO audit report.
- Words: Too short content or blog posts can be treated as think or low-value content by search engines, and you need to maintain a certain word limit to cover related areas of your subject.
Apart from that, you can find some terms in an SEO audit report such as caches, flash, nestled tables, expired tags, doctype, and site loading speed, JS, and CSS minification. You can clean your caches, flash files, and expired image tags to increase your site’s load speed, and you can minimize or compress the JS and CSS files to optimize your website.
Why choose Indian Marketers for SEO Audit Service?
Indian Marketers is one of the best SEO and marketing companies to provide comprehensive SEO audit services for your website. To know more, you can check our SEO audit proposal. We have different types of services that suit every type of online business. For example, we can create an enterprise website SEO audit report if you have a large-scale business.
We have a proficient team who know well how to conduct an in-depth analysis and along with competitor analysis. Enterprise SEO is a long-term investment that can generate the best ROI for your business. With the SEO and marketing strategy offered by Indian Marketers, you can increase the visibility and ranking of your website. Indian Marketers is a leading SEO company that can help you rank high in search engines through a foolproof and custom SEO plan based on our comprehensive SEO audit report that can help your business grow. Contact us Today!
March 11, 2022
March 7, 2022