Understanding Keyword Clustering and Why it is Important?
February 28, 2022
7 Min Read
Google has become such an integral part of our lives that most of us use it almost daily. For this reason, most companies look at Google search engine results, structure their website, and plan their SEO effort to make it rank high on Google. There are several ways to achieve the desired result, and one such important aspect is focusing on the keywords and using them aptly.
We input questions such as “what are the top clothing brands” or “who is known as the father of computers” as if we are simply conversing with a person on the phone. However, it is necessary to realize that Google uses certain algorithms to be able to do this. Google BERT is one of the algorithms of Google which assists the search engine in understanding what people are searching for and providing them with the answers they want. In BERT, the network is smart enough to learn the many ways in which humans express themselves via language.
In Natural Language Processing (NLP), a model known as Transformer is used to comprehend the links between words in a phrase rather than examining them one at a time in order of their appearance in the sentence. Here comes the importance of keyword clustering for content optimization.
This article explains keyword clustering and why it is important for on page optimization and how to chalk out an effective content strategy. Let’s dive into the role of keyword clustering!
Define Keyword Clustering
Keyword clustering is the technique of generating a set of logically related keywords to target a website, rather than concentrating just on one targeted keyword to improve search engine rankings.
In on page optimization, using keyword clustering enables you to target several keywords on a single page rather than just one or two increasing the likelihood of discovering your content online.
These groups function in tandem to offer your website a more completely classified subject, which aids in establishing its purpose and attracting crawlers who inform Google that this page is one they should prioritize.
Explanation of Keyword Clustering Process
Suppose the information presented above has picked your interest. In that case, you undoubtedly want to learn how to use this strategy on your WordPress website—no need to be concerned since that is precisely what our following portion of the post will cover.
1. Collect Keyword Data
The first step is keyword research. The essential thing is to concentrate on quantity rather than quality. It is preferable, to begin with, a large number of keywords from which you may delete extraneous entries than it is, to begin with, a small number of keywords.
What is the right number? It doesn’t matter how many you can locate, but so many hundreds to a thousand is a decent place to start. It may also be much more than that. Your objective is to finish the sweep so that you’ll never have to do this again.
Once you have the results, it’s time to begin organizing them into logical groups of related items. There are different ways of keyword clustering like studying competitor’s websites or using various tools. You can also take advantage of Google analytics or use your wisdom to brainstorm and make useful keyword combinations.
2. Shortlist carefully
Once you have clubbed together all the keywords, you must go through your list and refine your search phrases till you have a manageable list. Look for trends in your list as you go through it. Several of the accesses have the same emphasis keyword but with different subcomponents. Some examples are
- “Best keto diet plan”
- “Most affordable keto diet plan”
- “Strategies for keto diet plan”
Next, take notice which of these appear most frequently because the phrases that appear often in keyword variations must serve as the foundation for grouping in subsequent phases. It is critical to know which terms frequently appear across all keyword variations. Numerous excellent internet tools are available to assist you with this procedure, which we will discuss later.
3. Know the theme
Find the keywords that are most appropriate for boosting traffic and increasing the relevance of your content for your target audience from this list. You can obtain a good idea of which phrases appear the most often based on the above list (along with the help of certain keywords tools).
Take a look at the following and answer the questions listed below:
- Which keywords are the most pertinent to my company’s operations?
- Which phrases have the highest level of competition (as measured by Google Analytics as well as other tools) and why?
- Which phrases make even more reason for a content-focused search engine optimization technique? (For example, although “bad keto diet plan examples” may be a popular search word, it has less opportunity for validation and verification than a more positive example, such as “best keto diet plan.”
4. Categorize Keywords Into Groups
After you’ve answered the questions above, you should have a better sense of the kind of keywords that are most helpful to your company’s marketing efforts. Keyword grouping is a work of art and technical expertise. As an SEO expert, you should know the right way to group the keywords. Look for commonalities in these lists and organize your keywords into groups based on those patterns. Grouping by step of the marketing funnel is a systematic method of categorization:
- Keywords for raising awareness and generating leads
- Keywords for consideration and lead nurturing
- Keywords for purchase and conversion
Please note any organizational trends among your keywords and group them to form categories. If you’re having trouble with this, check into internet resources that may assist you with it. There are many excellent solutions available that can automatically categorize keywords into groups—if nothing else, they are an excellent place to begin.
Ultimately, it is totally up to your own choice. When you’re through this phase, you should have many keyword lists organized around distinct topics (as well as frequency data and competitiveness rankings).
Devise Your Content Strategy by Keywords Grouping
Now that you have keyword clusters, what do you do with them? Does this imply you have to include them all in your future posts or various webs pages?
Well, that is not the intention. While this may make some sense the likelihood is that forcing oneself to employ all the terms in one cluster would result in an unreadable muddle.
Rather than that, the groups are there to assist you in making decisions about what material to publish and what adjustments to make to your site. They draw attention to ideas and subject areas that may be absent yet relevant to users. You may then perform the following:
- Incorporating the keywords into the new content– The simplest method to use keyword clusters is to utilize them as springboards for new material. Pieces will target hundreds of search phrases rather than just one with the appropriate strategy. However, as previously said, you are not required to utilize every sentence in a cluster. Rather than that, focus on the most critical ones and allow the rest to lead you in terms of what information to offer the best assist your consumers. When you assign or map a keyword cluster to each web page or landing page, it is called keyword mapping.
- Enriching the pre-existing content with new keywords– Alternatively, you may apply keyword groups to current content to give it a well-deserved SEO boost. Consider if there are any keywords that you are not currently utilizing but that would make sense to incorporate. You may even create whole new sections. Additionally, ensure that your new keywords are placed in strategic locations for on-page SEO.
- Assessing to check whether the keyword has been incorporated well– Finally, you can utilize keyword clusters to do a high-level analysis of your website to see whether anything is missing. Groupings may inspire you to create extra pages, taxonomies, or thematic topics to investigate.
In summary, use keyword clustering to plug any gaps in your content and how you cover your themes. You can also use it for off page optimization activities like link building for enhanced results. Keyword clusters represent a measured approach to SEO that businesses need to remain competitive—both now and in the future. A sound keyword clustering approach does more than increase your page’s rating; it also establishes a robust SEO profile.
How does local SEO help your website rank better on Google?
March 11, 2022
Why Your Website not visible on Google? Find out
March 7, 2022
SEO Audit and its Real Value
March 2, 2022