Best SEO Automation Tools used by Industry Experts
September 14, 2020
2 Min Read
For brands and small businesses that can’t possibly afford full-time SEO services, the mention of terms like “link building” or “organic search rankings” is enough to make them wince. And of course, these businesses may not consider paid marketing as a solution to compete against their market leaders.
Automating SEO doesn’t mean to leave it on autopilot, without you having to do anything at all; it means organically levelling up your leads generation system with the combination of two key components – the human effort and softwares that could handle mundane and tedious tasks.
In this article, we are going to covering a comprehensive list of top 10 SEO automation tools that are on fire right now and used by most experts in the industry.
The List includes:
- Screaming Frog
- SE Ranking
Head here, to get a detailed review of SEMrush, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog as an SEO automation tool. Let’s continue with the rest …
The best rank tracking tool used by experts all over the industry and comes with the benefits of keyword suggestions and site auditing.
This tool comes with an abundance of data for the following areas:
- Technical errors
- Meta tags and headers
- Loading speed of website
- Internal Linking
- Images Optimization
This is a cloud-based, all-inclusive SEO software used for automating every routine SEO tasks like keyword research, backlink auditing, rank tracking, site auditing, etc.
They have a great database too, with an expansion of 30% this year. Also, they have added two new locations ie. Malaysia and South Africa containing 1,439,316 and 23,149,143 keywords respectively. They provide you with a social media management tool for increasing your social media visibility. Users can get deep insights into their competition with minimum investments.
- Significantly cheaper than its competitors like Ahrefs, SEMrush
- Extremely user-friendly interface compared to competitors
- Has every other feature needed for online marketing
- Does not cross the huge keyword and backlink databases of its competitors
- Lacks advanced features found in other tools
- Reporting features are not exhaustive as in alternatives
Overall, the tool can be used for any sized company, but we found that this platform can be better used by smaller businesses that can afford basic solutions.
You can check out its official website with plans starting from $31 – $151 per month.
SimilarWeb is a tool that estimates the total amount of traffic different websites get. It’s broken down into 6 major categories wherein you can view competitors top traffic sources including referral sites, social media traffic, and top keywords. It is a priceless tool must-have for every SEO or content marketer.
You can have a quick view of the largest players in your niche and more granular information like referral sources of each one of them. It also has a pro version which gives you access to features like device distribution, audience info, traffic share from different social media sources, etc. The browser extension is super helpful for a thorough competitive analysis.
- Traffic Share among competitors is easily accessible
- Digestible & user-friendly interface
- Traffic data and historical context unleashes interesting insights
- Inaccuracy is observed in some areas of data collection
- The pricing has just 2 options: Free and Enterprise. Not suitable enough for startups and small businesses
- Not robust enough as its competitors
Overall, the “industry analysis” report is the biggest highlight which is of great help for easily obtaining the most important traffic data for any country or industry. This is especially useful when you’re starting out in a new market. The free chrome extension is also very beneficial for competitive analysis.
SpyFu is an amazing tool for excellent keyword research and competitive intelligence tool which is the most useful for businesses on a budget. It can give you a targeted view so that you can identify the most profitable keywords in your competitors paid and organic search campaigns. It’s in the brand name itself, it specializes in “spying” on your competitors. It has all-inclusive features at a lower price point like keyword research for organic and paid search, backlink analysis, rank tracking, competitor analysis, etc.
- The go-to software for intelligent competitor analysis
- Huge database of over 13 years of Google data
- Variable pricing plans to suit all sized business
- Rank tracking abilities are very basic
- Not perfect for site audits and backlink analysis
- Also, the keyword research tool isn’t very exhaustive compared to its expensive competitors
Overall, we can approve of SpyFu of being a specialized tool for competitive keyword analysis. It can offer a much better option at a lower price point.
Moz is very popular as a software solution to help search engine marketers with keyword research, SEO audits, and competitive analysis.
The Moz Pro suite contains quality tools for on-page optimization. MozBar is a browser extension that shows you the Page Authority and Domain Authority for the page you’re currently on. The best part of the tool is its keyword research functionality which is considered the best in the market.
- Constantly updated with useful features
- A 30-day free trial gives you the liberty to test the software completely before committing
- Cloud-based for easy access
- Only provides access to SEO tools
- UI is mediocre and more difficult to navigate than its competitors
- Backlink analysis is not one of its strengths
If you’re just starting and need a well-rounded SEO tool for your business, this tool is the right fit for you.
The tool is specialized to provide a huge volume of keywords at an affordable price. It generates an abundance of keyword ideas and its updated version has more helpful data like search volume, competition, etc.
It basically covers every feature that would benefit your search efforts like Keyword Research, backlink analysis, keyword rank tracking, competitive analysis, site audit, etc.
Pricing is varied according to the company size, and, those who pay annually get a 20% discount on the monthly pricing.
- Includes all major features for keyword research, backlink monitoring, rank tracking, and site auditing
- The entry plan allows you to track 15,000 keywords vs 500 keywords in SEMrush
- Extremely affordable as a quality tool
- Data visualization for keyword rank tracking needs more high level of expertise for comprehending
- Customer Support not online 24/7, but generally responds to ticket in one business day
- Backlink analysis is not as robust as its expensive competitors
Overall, as we stated earlier, Serpstat is an affordable option for companies and SMBs, who need a basic tool for tracking a high volume of keywords. Tracking 15,000 keywords a month would cost you much lesser than Ahrefs or SEMrush.
AccuRanker is an extensive keyword rank tracking tool wherein users can upload and monitor the SERP positions of thousands of terms that import traffic to your website. This tool is specifically designed with greater expertise for keyword tracking on search engines like Google, Baidu, Bing, Yandex, and YouTube.
Also, the pricing is quite lesser than other advanced tools; for example, a 200$ monthly plan of SEMrush comes with 1,500 keywords compared to 2,000 keywords of AccuRanker for keyword tracking.
- Exhaustive and proficient tool for accurate keyword rank tracking
- Can import Google Analytics and Search Console data to its dashboard to bring up with valuable metrics.
- Amazing and neat interface and well-detailed reports
- Reports can be filtered down to 20 dimensions for rich viewing
- The Basic plan does not include key features like competitor analysis
- Very evidently seen as a solution for keyword rank tracking, not for other SEO needs.
Overall, you can find all the data and tools you need to analyze keyword performance on various search engines like Google, Baidu, Bing, etc. Reports are well-balanced and data-rich for spectacular results. We recommend this tool for companies and enterprises that need a specialized keyword tracking tool. Marketing agencies and large enterprises can benefit from this tool with its substantial features and API.
Though a basic tool is a very effective tool for keyword research tool, much better than other tools such as Moz and Long Tail Pro, in terms of simplicity and ability to examine and track long-tail keywords that are easy to rank for.
It is a flagship product developed by Mangools that has expanded their suite of SEO tools to include –
- SERPWatcher(rank tracker)
- SERPChecker(Google competitor analyzer)
- LinkMiner(backlink analyzer)
- SiteProfiler(website analyzer)
The pricing ranges from $49 to $129 per month, with a 40% discount on annual plans with a free trial option.
- One-stop solution for all information needed for keyword analysis
- Helpful in identifying long-tail keywords that are easier to rank for
- Also, offers a free browser extension which is equally efficient
- Doesn’t include the feature of competitor keyword research
- Does not have a keyword analysis tool
Overall, its an ideal for beginners with a clean and super simple user interface for finding new keyword opportunities and quickly access their potential. A wide range of data is put out in a concise format which is a step up from its competitors. Also, you can drill down your search to the city level. The Agency Plan would be the best choice if you work with many clients.
That covers all of them which we personally use for every SEO functionality. There are many tools like Long Tail Pro, Ubersuggest, MarketMuse that are a great choice as well, but we curated this top 10 for you(including SEMrush, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog) for you.
Don’t have the right expertise to take of your SEO needs? We’ve got your back!
Sure, there are tools for SEO Automation to take some weight off your shoulders. But, if you’re still figuring out how to use it proficiently, you need some expert help. And, you have thankfully come to the right place. We have got everything you need to work out your SEO for organically boosting your brand value and rankings. With an industrial experience of more than 9 years, we know the tactics and fundas in SEO, and it makes complete sense if you wish to avail SEO Services and Solutions from Us!
Contact Us to Know More!
March 11, 2022
March 7, 2022
March 2, 2022